Homeowners Insurance in Asheville, Gastonia, Marion, Morganton, Old Fort, and Spruce Pine, NC

Did you know that your Morganton or Old Fort home is most likely the largest investment you will ever make? With all of that money tied up in the property, you need to be sure to take care of it. Your homeowner’s insurance covers not only your home, but it also covers your belongings inside, such as your bedroom set, living room furniture, and more. Not only that but it also usually includes liability coverage as well for injuries and property damage caused by you to others.

Homeowners Insurance in Asheville, Gastonia, Marion, Morganton, Old Fort, and Spruce Pine, NCHow much coverage should you have on your Gastonia home? What about flood insurance, or earthquake insurance? What if you live in a condo, or rent an apartment? You have questions, your Tate Insurance Services agent has all of the answers, and can shop for the best policy because they are an independent agency.

Do Renters Need A Home Insurance Policy?

Yes, you definitely will need a home insurance policy even if you are renting in Spruce Pine. This is like a home insurance policy in that it will cover your belongings in your apartment and provides you liability coverage as well. Don’t neglect to cover your belongings when you rent, because you are still susceptible to the same things that someone who owns a home is susceptible to.

Wait, You Said Flood Insurance Isn’t Covered on My Home Insurance?

It is true that if your Asheville home floods and you don’t have flood insurance, things are not good. Home insurance does not cover flooding, and there is a separate insurance policy that you can get that will cover that. However, you will want to speak with your local Tate Insurance Services agent to know if you will want to have flood insurance along with your home insurance.

I Live in A Condo, Can I Get Home Insurance?

As a member of the condo association you will need to make sure that a master policy is in place. This policy is for all of the common areas that you share with other Marion condo members, such as the roof, basement, and other locations. Your association fees or maintenance fees typically cover this portion of the insurance. The other policy you will need is an individual insurance policy for your condo. Like a regular home insurance policy, it covers the belongings that you have inside your condo, such as clothes and furniture, and it also usually covers liability coverage as well. Don’t leave your Gastonia home/apartment/condo uninsured, call Tate Insurance Services today before something bad happens.